The enhancements below were put into iBenefits on April 25th, 2011.
1. Age 25 Dependents can be enrolled in coverage that begins 9/1/2011 or later. iBenefits will allow dependents up to age 26 to be enrolled in benefit coverage that begins 09/1/2011 or later. Because New Employee documents can have multiple start dates, it is possible for an age-25 child to be allowed to enroll in one coverage, but not another depending on the coverage start dates. For this reason, during the months leading up to 9/1/2011, enrollment of age-25 dependents must be done on the benefit page for the coverage. It cannot be done from the individual dependent’s benefit page. After 9/1/2011, iBenefits will allow enrollment of age-25 dependents from the dependent benefit page.
2. Participants will be allowed to Submit a document if the only error is a UIN assignment issue. UIN assignment errors must be fixed by a processor, therefore the employee will be allowed to submit with this error to encourage them to get their document submitted. Documents with this error (or any error) will continue to not be allowed to post to BPP.
3. New Employee Confirmation Letter updates. This letter will now show the type of “Certified Other” medical coverage selected by the participant for those employees without TAMUS medical coverage. It will also show “Pending E of I approval” on life insurance coverage where needed.
4. The Current Coverage link will have a slightly new look. The “Options” tab has been replaced with the “Participant info” tab.
5. The Search pages (Standard and Advanced tabs) have a new search option for “All Active” documents. This option will return all documents in statuses New, Not Submitted and Submitted, that meet the other search criteria. This should aid in searching for all relevant documents, particularly when searching for error conditions such as “Missing Beneficiary”.
6. New Employee documents for 9-month employees with summer coverage start-date errors. When a new employee with a nine-month appointment selects coverage start dates in June, July or August, the document attempts to post to BPP with a “1” deduct code and fails since deductions are not taken in those months for “1” deduct codes. With this release, those documents with August coverage start dates will post with a “2” deduct code since they are most likely September employees who began work in August. June and July coverage start dates will continue to receive an error since those records should be looked at to determine whether the employee is eligible for summer insurance. We are changing the error message to say “Nine-month employee with June or July start date”.
7. E of I Decision details will now show the Optional Life multiplier where appropriate.
8. FY 2012 rate tables are now in iBenefits. Employees whose employment dates are 5/4/2011 or later will be able to select start dates on or after 9/1/2011. The FY 2012 rates are currently set to the same values as the FY2011 rates and a disclaimer shows at the bottom of the page indicating that the rates will change. We will update the FY2012 rates as soon as they are determined.
9. Some minor wording changes were made to e-mail notifications.