********************* PLEASE DISTRIBUTE APPROPRIATELY ***********************
Customers have reported many Initial Salary Encumbrance posting errors due to problems with the FBYR405 program. The FAMIS team is working on a correction to that program, and expect to have it ready to run again on Friday (9/14/2018) of this week.
The errors are related to, but not limited to, the following encumbrance types:
• 9 Month Appointments
• Costing Allocations that are split by time-frame over the year
o Examples would be a costing allocation for September through December followed by another allocation for January through August (or any other breaks similar to this)
• Costing Allocations for the full year, with no splits should be posted correctly in FAMIS at this time
The program errors caused over-encumbrances related to the situations mentioned above – we encumbered through August rather than using the end-date of the allocation.
We have put together the following plan to correct this, which the team believes will be the cleanest correction:
• Programming is in-progress to correct the FBYR405 program – it is expected to be ready on Friday
• Daily FBPU516 – Encumbrance adjustment programs – are on hold (FnnPU515 in Laserfiche)
• On Friday we will reverse all batches posted by the FBYR405 program fully
• On Friday we will also repost the FBYR405 with the corrected program
• Once the postings have been validated, we will then begin running the daily encumbrance adjustment programs
Items of note:
• No SENC01 Batches will be created by this process since we are fully reversing the batches and reposting, rather than running an automated process to adjust
• Part 12 and Part 99 are not affected by this issue
• FAMIS Services will notify you when the corrections have been fully processed
Member’s wishing to lift budget flags to allow things to post to accounts which currently have over-encumbrances may do so. Also, the Member wide flag on Screen 843 may be used to allow postings to go over budget during this time. This flag can only be updated by a small group or even a single user at each Member, FAMIS Help does not have the ability to lift or set these flags without authorization from the Member. Please contact your Fiscal office.