The employee’s budget related information on Screen 101 is derived from the employee’s PIN in the budget. The nightly update process uses the PIN’s budget iteration that is active for the date the process is run. In other words, the budget information is updated on Screen 101 from the iteration whose Position Effective From date is the most recent and is less than or equal to the date the update process runs.
Some employees may have more than one PIN assigned to them at the same time. The update process tries to determine which is the employee’s Primary PIN using the sequence of PIN comparisons below.
- If both PINS are active on the Effective From/Thru dates – Budgeted PIN is Primary
- If both PINS are the same type (both Budgeted or both Wage) – PIN with the higher Position Percent Effort is Primary
- If both PINS have the same Position Percent Effort – PIN the employee has held the longest according to the Occupant Begin Date is Primary
- If both PINS have the same Occupant Begin Date – PIN with the higher Budgeted Salary (Hourly rate for Wage PINS) is Primary
- If both PINS have the same Budgeted Salary or Hourly Rate – PIN with the more recent Effective From Date is Primary