1. Old Business / Pending Items
- This is your friendly quarterly reminder to please follow our recommended encryption and file shredding procedures, http://it.tamus.edu/bpp/procedure-for-storage-and-disposal-of-sensitive-files/, when dealing with sensitive information.
- The “Workday Production” calendar has been updated to reflect the pay cycle schedule changes outlined in my February 5th email to the payroll offices.
2. Form W-2 Processing for Calendar Year 2017
- Are you ready to submit your Form 1042-S file to the SSA? The files have been loaded to the Tax Reporting File Depot. The deadline is March 15.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want your Form 1042-S forms loaded to HRConnect.
- As of close of business Monday, February 5, all W-2s and worksheets for all System members have been loaded to HRConnect.
- All reprint requests for Form 1042-S and Form W-2 can be accomplished through HRConnect.
- W-2s for employees with temporary SSNs are not loaded to HRConnect. You should have an extra non-folded hard copy of these.
- For 2017: 64,395 W-2s produced; 20,084 printed; 69% electronic (a 4% decrease from 2016). All but 7 System members are at 70% or above for electronic participation. The largest gain this year was 10% for Galveston. The biggest drop was 13%. Everyone else saw no change or was plus or minus a few percentage points. Email email@example.com for a copy of the breakdown by workstation.
3. Affordable Care Act Form 1095
- The forms are available electronically now through SSO, HRConnect Legacy / 1095-C Forms.
- For those requesting a printed form, we expect them to be in the mail by Friday, March 2.
- The forms will be uploaded for submission to the IRS by March 21. The deadline is April 2.
- By default, the Employer Contact information on this form is the same as that of W-2’s unless we’ve been notified otherwise. The contact information can be seen on your own 1095-C form.
- The content of the forms is primarily the concern of the Benefits department, not payroll, and we’ve asked the Benefits managers to communicate through their payroll office in requesting changes in Employer contact information.
- This year the deadline for employees claiming “Exempt” on their W-4 in 2017 is February 28th.
- Currently, Workday only provides a report, “Expiring Exempt Tax Elections”, which identified employees with expiring exemptions.
- We have the ability to write a custom report to pull the employee’s W-4 election and then push it back into Workday via an EIB with an effective date of 3/1 for those employees that don’t update their W-4 by 2/28.
- For assistance with workday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.