The 2018 Tech Summit Call for Presentations closes Friday. If you want to present a breakout session at the Texas A&M University System Technology Summit and receive a 25% discount on registration for the February 26–28 conference, submit your proposal today!
System-Wide Contracting News
Over the past year, a team from several system universities have been working together to complete an RFP identifying online course evaluation tools that can be used for the student feedback process. The result of this work is 4 vendors that have negotiated contracts that members may opt into for their online course evaluation needs. There are also good options if you prefer paper-based evaluations.
The vendors are:
- SmartEvals (GAP Technologies)
- Class Climate (Scantron)
The contracts are in the process of being made available through the TAMUS IT Contracts website.
Workday (Project Helios)
- The team continued to close System Integration Testing defects.
- Business process coaches continued meeting with members this week, completing coaching sessions with A&M Commerce, A&M-Corpus Christi, A&M-San Antonio, TAMIU, Tarleton, TEEX, TEES and Texas A&M-Kingsville.
- The first Workday awareness training assignments in TrainTraq will be done this week for employees in Core HR, Payroll and Benefits, HR Departmental Processor and Liaison, and Manager security roles.
- The system integration testing team continued planning for the end to end scenarios that will be tested.
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Learning Management Systems RFP responses have been received; a committee has been formed to begin the process of reviewing those responses
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
- Proctoring Solutions RFP is being reviewed by OGC
- Minneapolis (Sept. 18th)
- Dallas (Sept. 20th)