Beginning with the upcoming October 2017 Board of Regents meeting, the Committee on Audit has requested that each CEO provide a three to five minute action plan briefing during the Internal Audit presentation for new Code Four audits. In addition, the Committee on Audit has requested that CEOs provide a three to five minute status update on Code Four audits listed in the audit tracking report.
The Maestro Steering Committee meets on Wednesday.
Texas A&M’s ITAC meets on Thursday.
The 2018 Tech Summit Call for Presentations closes in three weeks. If you want to present a breakout session at the Texas A&M University System Technology Summit and receive a 25% discount on registration for the February 26–28 conference, submit your proposal today! The Call for Presentations closes at midnight, Friday September 22, 2017.
EST Group will be hosting a Lunch and Learn featuring Cloudistics on Tuesday September 12, 2017 in Rudder Tower room 401. Registration is open now and will close Monday September 11, 2017 at 5pm.
Please click for more information on Cloudistics.
EST Group will provide door prizes and lunch.
- Cloudistics 5th Generation IT: The IT professional’s transformation to a Cloud Specialist
- Traditional 3-tier (2001), Public Cloud (2006), Converged (2009), Hyper-Converged (2011), 5th Generation IT On-Premises Cloud (2016-…)
- 11:30am-12pm- IDC has named Cloudistics the first true on-premises cloud solution. Discussion on what “true” On-premises Cloud capability is and what it means to modern IT professionals.
- Noon-1pm – Lunch and Learn with live demo of on premises cloud interface and capabilities
- Open discussion on use case / deep dive technology / Configurations and Cost
Date and Time
Tue, September 12, 2017 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM CDT
Rudder Tower Room 401
Lunch will be catered by Blue Baker.
System-Wide Contracting News
Over the past year, a team from several system universities have been working together to complete an RFP identifying online course evaluation tools that can be used for the student feedback process. The result of this work is 4 vendors that have negotiated contracts that members may opt into for their online course evaluation needs. There are also good options if you prefer paper-based evaluations.
The vendors are:
- SmartEvals (GAP Technologies)
- Class Climate (Scantron)
The contracts are in the process of being made available through the TAMUS IT Contracts website.
Ed Evans would like to thank the team that worked so collaboratively through the entire process.
- Dr. Lisa Bunkowski
- Dr. Julie McElhany
- Dr. David Giles
- Lee Crawford
- Dr. Lauren Cifuentes
- Ed Evans, CIO
- Jeff Zimmerman
- Jackie Gibson
- Dr. Diane Taylor
- Dr. Kelley Shaffer
- Becky Gray, CIO
- Dr. Sunay Palsole
- Dr. James Andrews
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Learning Management Systems RFP responses have been received; a committee has been formed to begin the process of reviewing those responses
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
- Proctoring Solutions RFP is being reviewed by OGC
Workday (Project Helios)
- The team continued to close System Integration Testing defects.
- Business process coaches continued meeting with members this week, completing coaching sessions with A&M-Central Texas, PVAMU, Texas A&M, Texas A&M AgriLife, TAMUG, TTI, the System office, TAMUT and WTAMU.
- The training team continued preparations for the first assignments of awareness training the week of September 18 to Core HR, Payroll and Benefits, HR Departmental Processor and Liaison, and Manager security roles.
- Kansas City (Sept. 11-15)