The Kyle Field Executive Re-Development Committee meets on Tuesday.
ITAC meets on Thursday.
OGC has made the decision to purchase an E-Discovery software solution. The CIOs will discuss the impact of this purchase at the CIO Council tomorrow.
The Texas A&M University System Technology Summit is currently accepting presentation proposals for breakout sessions that explore technology, leadership and project management. Tech Summit is where technology experts come to network, learn from the best and exchange solutions for common challenges. Breakout sessions last 45 minutes and include 25-50 participants. Sessions should be as interactive as possible and may be jointly presented by teams of staff or faculty. Submit your proposal today using the online form. Proposals are due by midnight Saturday, October 31, 2015.
EDUCAUSE Core Data reports were due October 16th. The higher education entities in Texas use this to avoid some of the surveys from state government and it provides interesting (if not complete) comparison data.
Michael Mathews, the CIO of Oral Roberts and the past Chief Strategy Officer of Lone Star College, will be in College Station on November 20th. If you are interested in speaking with him, please contact me.
System-Wide Contracting News
The committee evaluating the RFP for Mobile Application Services has selected a new vendor partner. The details will be made available shorting.
Four entities provided responses to the Student Information Systems RFP. A committee has been formed to evaluate the respondents.
Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links, and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any Members interested in adding this service need to contact me directly.
The System-wide agreement with Cisco WebEx allows Members to purchase licenses for their entire faculty/administrators at the low cost of $1.44/month/license.
Syncplicity licensing is available for all Members.
The new RFP for build-out of the Dollar Data Center will be issued this week.
Project Helios Updates:
- An agreement has been signed with Deloitte, the Project Helios System Integrator.
- Deloitte and Workday continue working with the project team to define the functional and technical questions that need to be answered during the Plan Stage.
- The Project Helios IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) RFP is in under review by Procurement.
- A kick off is planned for the Project Helios Change Champions and Project Coordinators on November 5 in College Station.
- The Project Helios website is now live! Please join us on the journey to bring a new HR and payroll experience to the A&M System.
- Kingsville (October 20th)
- Waco (October 22nd)