The Executive IT Council meets on Wednesday.
The CEOs and Presidents meet with the Chancellor on Wednesday.
The Academic Technology Council meets on Wednesday.
Ed Evans passed along these two articles on TAMUCC’s progress on DR and their response to Harvey: Universities proactively prepare online transition amid disasters like Hurricane Harvey; How Education Can Continue When Nature Strikes – E-Learn Magazine
System-Wide Contracting News
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Learning Management Systems RFP responses have been received; a committee has been formed to begin the process of reviewing those responses
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
- Proctoring Solutions RFP is being reviewed by OGC
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- Varonis will provide members with insider threat protection (discretionary)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
Workday (Project Helios)
- Legacy system end-to-end testing with Workday continues.
- The project team will begin Workday Readiness visits with system members this week.
- Detailed planning on the step by step, cutover tasks we need to follow in December to start using Workday and stop using BPP continued.
- TEES (Oct. 17th)
- Tarleton (Oct. 18th-20th)