There is a CIO Chat Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
There is a Siteimprove webinar Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
Texas A&M’s ITAC meets Thursday at 8:30 a.m.
The TTVN Governance Board meets Friday at 1:00 p.m.
During the full CATIE meeting on 10/11/18, several council members requested that the Collaborative Pricing Task Force consider proposing CRM tools for master contracts with the system. On October 15th, the CATIE/Collaborative Pricing Task Force met and discussed this at length.
As a result of this discussion, they agreed that the focus of CRM products are not instructional technology or classroom tools and felt that CRM products are beyond the scope of CATIE (since they focus on tools designed for instruction and classroom use). However, they would like to recommend that the system consider opening this conversation up to a different group, possibly the CIO Council. The task force members all feel uncomfortable with taking this on and believe that they do not have the expertise to make that recommendation directly. CIOs—what do you think about this recommendation?
Registration for the 2019 Texas A&M University System Technology Summit is now open!
The Tech Summit is the place technology experts come to learn from the best and will once again be held at the beautiful Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas February 25 – 27, 2019
System-Wide Contracting News
A&M System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging; conversations with vendors selected by CATIE are underway
- Proctoring Solutions The interim RFPs will be extended for another year
Current A&M System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Blackboard provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Canvas provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- D2L provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- DocuSign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- GovQA (WebQA) is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- Oracle provides members with a shared hardware/software platform to host Oracle-based applications (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility for 54 cents per web page per year (discretionary)
- Smart Net offers members Cisco equipment maintenance (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- Varonis will provide members with insider threat protection (discretionary)
- WebEx online collaboration and meeting software is available to all members at the low cost of $1.44 per month per license (discretionary)
- Austin (November 6)