The Biennial Performance Report on the Use of Information Resources Technologies, required by Government Code, Sec. 2054.055, has been published by the Texas Department of Information Resources. This report identifies and assesses statewide progress, accomplishments, and issues relating to technology goals described in the 2016–2020 State Strategic Plan for Information Resources Management. The report also makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness and cost-efficiency of the state’s use of information resources. DIR engaged many stakeholders to gather input and feedback to develop the 2016 Biennial Performance Report, and the resulting collaborative effort represents a wide range of perspectives. If you would like additional printed copies of the report, or have any comments or questions, please contact Robert Armstrong, Director of Public Affairs by email at Robert.Armstrong@dir.texas.gov or by phone at 512-936-9851.
The Texas A&M University System Technology Summit offers sessions to help you master your daily work, while enjoying a taste of island time. Early-bird pricing ends Dec. 31, so don’t delay. Check out the complete schedule for 50+ information-packed sessions and entertainment.
At my request, Alan Kurk provided us with the following information on Sophos pricing. Danny Miller requested that I make this available to each of you.
Per your request I have attached a proposal from Sophos for end point protection for all TAMUS members.
Highlights to note:
- Pricing is inclusive of both on premise and cloud versions of their end point protection solution
- Sophos endpoint protection is provided for Mac, Windows and Linux based platforms
- Features include data in motion DLP protection, Device & Application Control, Web Control, Encryption, etc. (see matrix for further details)
- Pricing for Linux workstations has been reduced to the same price for Mac and Windows Workstations
- They have provided 1, 3, and 5 year pricing models for minimum order of 100 endpoints
- Sophos provides same enterprise class product for students, faculty and staff home use for free
- Sophos is open to providing on site and web based information seminars by request
- Sophos is open to discussing additional pricing options if the system members wanted to consider a system wide contract for all endpoints (similar to Syncplicity model)
Note pricing was provided by SHI (a HUB Vendor). I also included the current VPAT for their endpoint protection product suite. Their representatives are available for further discussion if you or any of the committees would like discuss or have questions.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Comevo will provide members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Qualtrics will provide members with software to manage the entire customer experience – from surveys, to insights and to action. A proposal has been distributed for review.
Workday (Project Helios)
- Unit testing of our second prototype (Prototype 2) continued.
- Prototype 2 Review Sessions this week focused on Recruiting and Onboarding.
- Dallas (November 23rd)