It is Board Week at TheTexas A&M University System. For the week of November 15, the following items of general interest are worth commenting on.
IT Governance Updates:
- The TAMUS Information Security Council meets Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.
- The Executive IT Council meets Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
- The Academic Technology Council meets Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
- The RELLIS NAAS Governance Committee meets Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
- The TAMUS Oracle Cloud Committee meets Friday at 10:00 a.m.
- There is an Adobe Sign demo Monday at 1:00 p.m.
The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents holds their open session Thursday at approximately 1:00 p.m.
System-Wide Contracting News
A&M System-wide Contracts Under Development:
- eSignature (Adobe Sign, DocuSign, airSlate / SignNow, NextGen)
- Oracle perpetual campus license
- Virtual conference software (Accelevents, Aventri)
Current A&M System-wide Contracts:
- 3 Play Media provides closed captioning services (discretionary)
- Acadeum provides access to an online education marketplace that offers courses across a network of colleges and universities to help students stay on track and graduate faster (discretionary)
- Access Data provides preservation hold software (assessed)
- AdmitHub fosters student success with artificial intelligence-powered mobile messaging and chatbots (discretionary)
- Adobe provides full Creative Cloud suite and Adobe Pro software tools (discretionary)
- AT&T provides network as a service and related services (discretionary)
- Automatic Sync provides closed captioning services (discretionary)
- Banner COE (CAG) provides Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Blackboard provides a cloud-based learning management system (discretionary)
- Campus Sonar provides specialized social listening services for higher education (discretionary)
- campusM (Ex Libris) supports mobile application development (discretionary)
- Canvas (Instructure) provides a cloud-based learning management system (discretionary)
- Cisco Strategic Relationship supports the AT&T NaaS RELLIS services and includes discounted Cisco products and services (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- D2L provides a cloud-based learning management system (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality (discretionary)
- DocuSign provides electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (assessed)
- Duo (Cisco) provides two-factor authentication (assessed)
- Examity provides on-line proctoring services (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Fetii provides contactless scanning technology through QR codes (discretionary)
- GoReact provides a platform for feedback, grading and critiquing of video assignments (discretionary)
- GovQA (WebQA) is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution (assessed)
- Guardian I-9 (LawLogix) provides electronic I-9 compliance verification (discretionary)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Interfolio provides academic faculty management software (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides document digitization and automated records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- LinkedIn Learning provides video courses taught by industry experts in software, creative and business skills (discretionary)
- Microsoft provides business software and services (assessed)
- Modo Labs supports mobile application development (discretionary)
- Navex provides on-line proctoring services (discretionary)
- Oracle provides a shared hardware/software platform to host Oracle-based applications (discretionary)
- PlatformQ enables universities to connect with students at every stage of the recruitment process (discretionary)
- Pluralsight offers a variety of video-based training for software developers, IT administrators and creative professionals (discretionary)
- Portfolium (Instructure) provides students and recent graduates with the ability to connect with businesses and employers using previous academic work and projects to supplement their communication (discretionary)
- Proctorio provides on-line proctoring services (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides on-line proctoring services (discretionary)
- Qualtrics provides an online survey tool that supports building and distributing surveys and analyzing the responses (discretionary)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links, and accessibility (assessed)
- Smart Net (Cisco) provides Cisco equipment maintenance (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Sprout Social provides a social media management platform (discretionary)
- Syncplicity provides secure file storage and sharing (assessed)
- TeamDynamix provides cloud-based IT service and project management software (discretionary)
- Verbit provides closed captioning services (discretionary)
- WebEx (Cisco) provides online collaboration and meeting software (discretionary)
- TAMU (November 17-18)