The Project Helios Executive Committee will meet on Tuesday.
The Maestro Steering Committee will meet on Wednesday.
ITAC will meet on Thursday.
Atomic Learning has set up 30 free trial accounts for TAMUS members to review their solutions. If you are interested in a couple of free accounts, please contact me directly.
Please pass along your thoughts on the proposal that I distributed last week from Rimini Street. Is there any interest in opening conversations with Rimini Street?
ITCHE distributed the following note last week related to an advance notice of proposed federal rulemaking:
Supplemental advance notice of proposed rulemaking on the accessibility of web in formation and services of state and local government entities was published by the U.S. Department of Justice. The Department is considering revising the regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to establish specific technical requirements that would make the services, programs, and activities that state and local governments offer to the public via the internet accessible to those with disabilities. This supplemental advance notice was released to solicit additional public comments on various issues relating to the potential application of such technical requirements to the websites sites of Title II entities and to gather information for preparing a regulatory impact analysis. The Department also issued a statement announcing the supplemental notice. Comments must be submitted on or before ninety days after the date of publication.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services under a master contract (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract (discretionary contract).
- Examity will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- ProctorU will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- Respondus will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- The functional team continued working on the A&M System’s process workbooks which document the process flows, steps and outputs, roles, notifications, regulatory and legal requirements, reports and open items for each process group.
- The “Payroll Accounting Link” team continues to focus on mapping payroll costing information from Workday to FAMIS.
- The integrations team continued to work on integration design documents.
- The data conversion team focused on Benefits data loads.
- St. Louis (May 10-11)
- Galveston (May 13-14)