The first meeting on the Dollar Data Center Development Design will be on March 8th.
There will be a meeting with TAMU users of BAM and Periscope on March 8th to discuss remediation efforts.
The Project Helios Executive Sponsor Meeting will be on March 8th.
The Project Helios Design Kickoff will be on March 8th and 9th.
The Maestro Steering Committee Meeting will be on March 9th.
ITAC will be meeting on March 10th.
It appears that DIR is offering licenses to state agencies and institutions of higher education for the Gartner Research Library. This is a comprehensive collection of white papers and articles on all things IT-related. If you are not sure if you have a license, contact DIR at DIRSecurity@dir.texas.gov.
The University of Texas at Austin provided us with an update on their plans for two-factor authentication:
Since July 2014, UT Austin has been using a two-factor authentication process to protect and secure online information. The University of Texas System has mandated that two-factor authentication be used in certain campus systems and the tool we have been using, Toopher, does not fully comply with this mandate. To provide a more secure online learning and working environment, a new two-factor authentication tool called Duo will be introduced to campus over the coming months. Once the new two-factor Duo security platform is fully implemented, Toopher will be retired.
Phase 1 – March 14, 2016: Access to the campus Virtual Private Network (VPN) will require two-factor authentication via Duo. Current VPN users have been contacted by email with instructions on how to set up their Duo account. Learn more on the VPN with Two Factor Authentication webpage.
Phase 2 – May 2016: Online access to services such as W-2 download, payroll and non-payroll bank routing updates, etc. will be transitioned from Toopher to Duo. As we approach the date for this transition, more information will be provided about this change.
Phase 3 – July 2016: Toopher will be retired from use on campus.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Design Prep sessions concluded this week with Recruiting, Absence Management and Time Tracking.
- Business process design workshops are scheduled from March 22 through April 26. The team is looking forward to meeting with the participants on March 8 and 9 to walk through the process of determining how the A&M System will use Workday.
- Design sessions continued on the “Payroll Accounting Link” that will integrate Workday and FAMIS.
- TAMU (March 8th)