There is a meeting discuss the process of how to choose a replacement for FAMIS today at 3:00 p.m. in the System Office.
The kickoff of the new System Administrative Computing Council takes place on Thursday the 31st.
Periscope and BAM Team Members met last week with the research community to hammer through BAM issues unique to the research community. A set of “to do’s” was identified and will be put in writing this week.
The DFARS “Tiger Team” met last week to identify next steps to make DOD-related research more compliant.
Ed Pierson provided me with an interesting look at the impact of a new federal rule on colleges.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Business process design workshops began this week with Contact Information and Personal Data, Onboarding, and Time Tracking. SMEs from each member are participating.
- Design sessions continued on the “Payroll Accounting Link” that will integrate Workday and FAMIS. This week focused on defining the scope, building the timeline and identifying resource needs.
- The integrations team attended training on Workday integrations.
- TAMU (March 28th)