Deloitte will be providing the System Offices with its final report on the review of the SOC on Monday
The System Offices will be meeting with Zoom on Tuesday to get clarification on how to set up common pricing for system members
The two finalists for the RELLIS Data Center RFP will be making presentations Thursday
Dee Childs notified the CIOs last week of this announcement but in case you missed it:
This past academic year has been one of growth and fruitful endeavor across many domains that involve information technologies. Our faculty, staff, and students have actively engaged in IT governance to drive many new initiatives, policies, and outcomes that will have lasting impact on the university’s teaching, learning and research missions, and improve efficiencies across the university. The completion of DUO, the continued migration of significant IT equipment into enterprise data centers, and a robust enterprise approach to IT security have fortified our University’s risk posture.
Meanwhile, reliance on the university’s research and education network expanded almost daily. The University continued to break old records for number of simultaneous users on WiFi (over 110,000), and number of wired ports on our data network (over 180,000).
As the university continues to grow and expand, the Division of IT needs to be positioned for growth of new academic and research programs statewide, and the continued delivery of excellence in all of our service offerings.
Therefore, I am delighted to announce the appointment of William Deigaard as Associate Vice President, Enterprise Platforms, Cloud, and Shared Services effective Thursday, June 7. In this role, William will serve on my senior leadership team and liaise with you and your teams on initiatives and special projects in support of the mission of the university.
I am grateful to Cheryl Cato, William’s current supervisor, for her support in William’s transition to this role. William will join Cheryl in her new role as Associate Vice President, Research and Education Network and Enterprise Facilities Operations, Michael Sardaryzadeh, Chief Information Security Officer, and Pete Marchbanks, Executive Director and Deputy CIO.
Please join me in welcoming William to this important role.
System-Wide Contracting News
A&M System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly, and more engaging; two temporary, system-wide contracts (REV and 3PlayMedia) are being reviewed by OGC
- Interfolio is a self-service web database program that allows faculty (or staff) to use the Internet to maintain their teaching, research, and service records; the System Offices received a proposal for a system-wide agreement last week and has sent it on to CATIE
- Portfolium will provide students and recent graduates with the ability to connect with businesses and employers using previous academic work and projects to supplement their communication; the System Offices has received a proposal from Instructure to add the product to the existing system-wide agreement
- Sedona Systems is a self-service web database program that allows faculty (or staff) to use the Internet to maintain their teaching, research, and service records; the System Offices is in conversations to obtain a proposal for a system-wide agreement
Current A&M System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Adobe provides members full Creative Cloud suite and Adobe Pro software tools (discretionary)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Blackboard provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Canvas provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- D2L provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- DocuSign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- GovQA (WebQA) is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
- Guardian I-9 (LawLogix) provides members with electronic I-9 compliance verification (discretionary).
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- Navex provides members with a ethics and compliance management (discretionary)
- Oracle provides members with a shared hardware/software platform to host Oracle-based applications (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility for 54 cents per web page per year (discretionary)
- Smart Net (Cisco) offers members equipment maintenance (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx online collaboration and meeting software is available to all members at the low cost of $1.44 per month per license (discretionary)
- No tips scheduled this week