Ed Pierson sent out an invitation to a very relevant BC/DR meeting that is definitely worth attending.
Many of the member EIRACs are meeting on Friday, July 28th.
Texas A&M-Kingsville, A&M-Corpus Christi and A&M-San Antonio DR sites are now hosted in Laredo. We are the Center of IT Excellence in DR for South Texas. Plans are in the works for a “virtual” South Texas datacenter that will allow each school to move servers and services between schools for DR and load balancing purposes. How many the members are using TouchNet? How many would be interested in a system-wide contract?
Julie Rogers sent the following note:
The Software.tamu.edu website is getting a facelift! On August 21, the redesigned website will be launched. The updated site will be accessible and responsive, and feature updated branding.
Please note that if you have URLs bookmarked, or reference specific language about the website, your documentation will need to be updated.
We are excited about the ease of use and functionality this site will provide to faculty, staff and students!
For questions about the Software Center, contact email@example.com or 979-845-8300.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- On-line Course Evaluation Services will provide members with tools that allow students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors). Vendor demos have been completed and a decision will be announced soon.
- Learning Management Systems Six responses were received; Evaluation of the responses continues.
- Proctoring Solutions RFP has been drafted and is being reviewed by OGC
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- The team continued to close System Integration Testing defects.
- User Acceptance began Tuesday, July 11. A&M-Central Texas, PVAMU, Texas A&M AgriLife, TFS, TVMDL and WTAMU brought 31 employees who executed 225 test scenarios. A&M-Commerce, A&M-Corpus Christi, A&M-San Antonio, TAMIU, TAMUT, Tarleton and Texas A&M-Kingsville will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution next week.
- Business process coaches continued meeting with members this week, completing coaching sessions with A&M-Commerce, A&M-Corpus Christi, A&M-San Antonio, the System Office, TAMIU, Tarleton, TEES and Texas A&M-Kingsville. Coaching continues through October 6.
- Kansas City (July 24-28)