The Project Helios Executive Sponsors meet on Tuesday.
ITCHE members will be meeting on Friday to discuss proposed changes to TAC 206.
The next CIO Council will be held on October 11th in Laredo. Additional details will be made available as they are finalized.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- On-line Course Evaluation Services will provide members with tools that allow students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors). Vendor demos have been completed and a decision will be announced soon.
- Learning Management Systems Six responses were received; Evaluation of the responses has begun.
- Proctoring Solutions RFP has been drafted and is being reviewed by OGC
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- The team continued to close System Integration Testing defects.
- User Acceptance began Tuesday, July 11. TEES, TEEX and TTI brought 29 employees who executed 60 test scenarios. A&M-Central Texas, PVAMU, Texas A&M AgriLife, TFS and WTAMU will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution next week.
- Business process coaches began meeting with members this week, completing coaching sessions with the System Office, Texas A&M and Texas A&M AgriLife. Coaching continues through October 6.
- Houston (July 17-18)
- South Texas (July 19)