The CFOs meet in Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
In case you missed it, Government Relations asked the members to do the following:
HB 1287, which deals with posting a web link to the Texas Consumer Resource for Education and Workforce Statistics, passed this session. To be sure we are all in compliance with the bill, can you reach out to your IT folks at the universities and let them know that a web link needs to be added to the home page. Hopefully this is a pretty easy issue, because it needs to be done by Feb 1st.
Here is a link to the Texas CREWS site.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- The Project Helios IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) evaluation team continues contract negotiations with the sole finalist.
- The team is working to close out Vision and Plan and move into Implementation.
- Briefings are scheduled for the HROs, CFOs and CIOs this week.
- Detailed planning is underway for Architect, our next phase of work.
- A master schedule has been developed for the business process design sessions that will bring together team members from across the A&M System to take a detailed look at what we need our HR, payroll and benefits processes to do, and the information we need Workday to send to our external HR partners.
- Significant progress was made on design of the “Payroll Accounting Link” integration that will integrate Workday and FAMIS.
- The team met with the Workday Premium Customer Success and Delivery Assurance team to outline how Workday will work with us to deliver the right solution for the A&M System.
- Houston, TX @ CFO Meeting (February 2nd-3rd)