The kickoff of the first System-Wide Administrative Computing Council took place last week.
Periscope and BAM Team Members are finalizing a strategy to implement a series of changes by May 1st to eliminate some of the functional problems. A memo providing details will be distributed this week.
There will be a CIO Chat on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.
The ServiceNow Sponsor Steering Committee meets on Wednesday.
The Digital Center of Excellence meets on Thursday.
The next CIO Council will be held on Tuesday, June 21st. Please mark your calendars.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- The first Word on Workday (a monthly communication) has been released.
- Business process design workshops continued last week with Payroll and Staffing. SMEs from each member are participating.
- Design sessions continued on the “Payroll Accounting Link” that will integrate Workday and FAMIS. Last week focused on understanding Workday’s payroll accounting structures.
- The integrations team completed Workday integrations training.
- TEEX (April 8th)