The Security Operations Center Board meets on Monday.
There is an Adobe Connect meeting with Adobe on Monday. This will provide an opportunity to get answers to any questions related to their recent system-wide offer.
The Executive IT Council meets on Wednesday.
The CEOs and Presidents meet with the Chancellor on Wednesday.
The Academic Technology Council meets on Wednesday.
Texas A&M’s ITAC meets on Thursday morning.
The Board of Regents meets on Thursday.
A&M System contracts are now available on a secure webpage and accessible to employees through SSO. Click the Contracts link on the A&M System IT Services webpage.
Internal Audit sent the following email last week:
From: COGR Administrator <administrator@COGR.edu>
Date: April 20, 2017 at 12:19:47 PM CDT
To: COGR LISTSERV <COGRLISTSERV@COGR.edu>
Subject: UPDATE: Securing Student Information and the Single Audit
COGR has been reporting on a new section to be added to the 2017 Compliance Supplement (“Securing Student Information”), being proposed by the Department of Education. In addition to adding confusion to the Single Audit, we have raised the concern that if enacted in the 2017 Compliance Supplement, it could further open the door to other agency requests to include other forms of cybersecurity audit expectations.
We have worked with a number of partners to raise our objections to OMB and the Department of Education. Included in our coalition has been: NACUBO, EDUCAUSE, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA), the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers, and Treasurers (NASACT), the AICPA, and leaders from the Single Audit firms.
We just received notification from OMB, based on the recommendations of our coalition, the Department of Education has agreed to delay new requirements for “Securing Student Information” in the SFA cluster until the 2018 Compliance Supplement. According to OMB, the delay will avoid confusion for this year’s audit and allow for better planning and execution on future year audits.
We expect to re-engage with this issue later this year once the 2018 Compliance Supplement begins to be vetted.
Director, Costing Policy
202-289-6655, ext. 4
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe will provide members with access to the Creative Cloud Suite
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- Project team members and member SMEs continued executing System Integration test cases. System Integration Test Cycle 2 continues through June 3.
- 191 member SMEs will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution through User Acceptance Testing in College Station July 11 – August 3. The team has started writing test scripts.
- Texas A&M (April 26)
- Texas A&M (April 27)