Monday is the final day for filing income tax returns!
There is a meeting of higher education institutions on Monday to discuss the proposed changes to TAC 203 and TAC 206.
The Executive IT Council Subcommittee on TAC 216 meets on Monday.
The LEARN Executive Committee meets on Tuesday.
TVMDL hosts a grand opening of their new lab on Wednesday.
ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
Since 2003, colleges and universities have been required to comply with the Safeguards Rule of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) to protect student information. NACUBO recently learned that the Department of Education has proposed adding a GLBA compliance check to the audit requirements for the student financial assistance cluster for FY17 under the Single Audit Act.
While the GLBA primarily regulates financial institutions, colleges and universities—largely due to their involvement in lending activities—are also subject to some provisions. The Safeguards Rule requires a campus to make a good faith effort to identify its specific information security risks and develop risk management and contingency plans accordingly.
NACUBO believes the GLBA compliance check will likely be included in the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) publication of the Compliance Supplement for FY17, and is contacting you as a reminder to document your institution’s compliance with the Safeguards Rule.
NACUBO urges member institutions to evaluate and document their current campus compliance with the Safeguards Rule.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe will provide members with access to the Creative Cloud Suite
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- Project team members and member SMEs continued executing System Integration test cases. System Integration Test Cycle 2 continues through June 3.
- 192 member SMEs will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution through User Acceptance Testing in College Station from July 11 – August 3.
- Planning continued on the step by step cutover tasks we need to follow in December to begin using Workday and stop using BPP.
- Core HR, Payroll and Benefits employees mapped to the Benefits Partner, Budget Partner, Compensation Partner, Faculty Partner, Graduate Studies Partner, HR Partner, Payroll Partner, Recruiting Partner, Retiree Partner, Safety Partner, System Benefits Support, Talent Partner and/or Workers Compensation Partner security roles are invited to attend the April 27 Workday Life: Core Concepts virtual event. Please check with your HRO for more information.
- Draft outlines have been completed for the Workday Core Concepts and the Navigating Workday courses. Work continues on outlines for all other elearning, classroom and WebEx courses.
- Dallas (April 18th)
- TVMDL (April 19th)
- Dallas (April 21st)