The A&M System strives to ensure programs, services and activities are accessible for all students, faculty, staff and visitors. One way we are working to remove accessibility barriers is to select accessible software and hardware in accordance with Subchapter M, Chapter 2054, Government Code, and Title 1 of Texas Administrative Code Chapters 206 and 213. These statutes provide standards for Electronic Information Resources (EIR) Accessibility.
Product categories subject to accessibility review
Each Texas A&M University System member has a procurement process that includes an accessibility review.
- Software applications and operating systems
- Web-based internet information and applications
- Telecommunication products (phone systems, voice mail systems)
- Video and multimedia products (videos, TVs and displays)
- Self-contained, closed products (printers, kiosks)
- Desktop and portable computers
Check the list of TAMUS contracts in place before starting the purchase process for software or other electronic resources.
Contact your EIR Accessibility Coordinator for help and additional information on procuring accessible products.