Changes for May 15th, 2019
Starting May 15th, 2019, all active SSO users will be required to sign in to SSO using Duo two factor authentication. This includes:
- Active employees
- Working retirees
- Graduate Fellows
- Employees on Leave
- Contingent workers
- Military leave dependents
- Vendors, visitors, and other affiliated persons
- All other users not specifically exempted
Two groups of individuals will be exempted from this requirement:
- Non-working retirees
- Surviving dependents of employees
Since the summer of 2015, employees who have administrative roles or who have authority to access or edit potentially sensitive data in SSO applications have been required to use the two-factor authentication process to sign in to SSO.
This includes the administrators and power users of the applications listed below:
- Workday, Canopy, TrainTraq; Time & Effort (except for Employee, Manager, and Department Approver)
- HRConnect; Single Sign-On Administration
- UIN Manager; UIN Search
- Data Warehouse Report Portal; Endowment Reports; File Depot; HUB Quarterly Reporting; SECC Admin
- Event Registration (except for Department Administrator); DirtTraq
Whether you are currently required to use two-factor authentication or not, now is a good time to enroll in and get familiar with the process. See http://it.tamus.edu/sso/two-factor-authentication-in-sso/ for more details.
Please notify the SSO Help Desk at email@example.com in the event of any issues.