1. Old Business / Pending Items
- This is your friendly quarterly reminder to please follow our recommended encryption and file shredding procedures, http://it.tamus.edu/bpp/procedure-for-storage-and-disposal-of-sensitive-files/, when dealing with sensitive information.
2. Retirement of SSO applications
- The BPP Calculator app was removed from SSO a while back. Would it be okay now to remove it completely from the servers and delete all user roles?
- Monthly Payroll – Okay to remove from SSO and delete?
- TimeTraq – Okay to remove from SSO and delete?
3. Mapping of earnings codes
- Object code 5240-Employee Awards should be used in isolated cases. Per definition it should only be used for awards less than $100.
- There are concerns around what earnings codes are mapped to 5240 and the System Office of Budgets and Accounting (SOBA) is requesting that cash awards be reviewed carefully. The following earnings codes are currently mapped to 5240:
- 065 – Fellowship/Teaching Awards
- 066 – Cash Award
- 085 – Cash Award – Grossed Up
- 088 – Fellowship/Teaching Awards – Grossed Up
- An update to the object code mapper is in the works to map these codes to 1940 or 1580.
- Please use earnings code 136 for Emoluments and Cash Awards, which is mapped correctly to object code1940 or earnings code 035 for Merit Payments, which is mapped to object code 1580.
- Review previous activity and make PCT corrections as needed.
4. Workday Services
- The processing of payroll continues to get easier for Operations. Everyone is doing a great job and we are grateful for your efforts!
- For off-cycle payments, please make sure you use the correct pay date for the cycle we are processing. We continue to see this problem on most payrolls.
- For off-cycle payments, please use a pay period already completed. Do not put these on a future pay period.
- The ability to complete your own payroll has been removed.
- The summer insurance premiums for employees with a less than a 12 month appointment will be deducted this month. For biweekly paid employees, the extra premiums will be withheld on the 2nd biweekly in May. For monthly paid employees, the extra premiums we be withheld on the June 1 pay date. For those participating in the Save for Summer program, we will refund three months insurance premiums from their Save for Summer accounts on the same payroll the extra premiums are withheld.
- For assistance with workday, please email email@example.com.
- For the latest Workday Updates, see the Workday Champions tab on the Workday Help site.
- Q & A with Kate and Kyle.
- Issue with TRS/TRS9 and Retro calculations
- Arrears balances pay inputs
- Problems with recalculating a result because of off-cycle results
- Importance of using the proper pay periods with regards to benefit adjustments
- A fix was implemented last week that should greatly reduce the number of errors reported on the TINS8410A – “NON PROCESSED/WARNING PAYEE MAINTENANCE TRANSACTIONS” report. Specifically, the invalid SSN, name and phone number errors should be mostly resolved.
- Please pass the word to those in your office who work this report and ask them to contact me if they continue to see these errors.
- When it is discovered that an employee has more than one UIN, the oldest UIN wins and will be designated the primary UIN. Please ensure that those individuals in your organization responsible for assigning UINs have the proper training.