I have attached a spreadsheet showing our first peek of the proposed AT&T promotional pricing.
Websense Executive Briefing. The January 22nd Websense Executive Briefing will be held in Austin. Please contact Linnea Sandler about additional details.
You are invited to attend the new Texas A&M University System Technology Summit (formerly the TTVN conference) February 10-13, 2015 in Galveston, Texas. The Technology Summit is open to all Texas A&M University System employees and features 32 interactive sessions in four tracks:
- General IT: sessions include Zero day threats, Managing Macs, DevOps, eSignatures;
- Learning Technologies: sessions include Mobile technology in class, Learning analytics, Next gen learning spaces;
- Web: sessions include Mobile first, Continuous integration and testing, Usability; and
- Shared Services: Syncplicity, Digital signage, Two factor authentication, and 5 more sessions.
Additionally, we will hear from both the System Digital Media Center of Excellence and the System Council on Academic Technology and Innovative Education. The Summit is designed to give you plenty of time to network with your colleagues around the System, speakers, and our exhibitors. There are three pre-Summit workshops on IPv6, mobile site development, and effective teaching available at an additional charge. Register before February 1, 2015 to get the early-registration rate and be entered for the chance to win an iPad.
For details and registration information, visit http://techsummit.tamu.edu.
Here are the highlights of the December TAMUS HR/Payroll Software Selection project:
- The HR Payroll Software Selection website has launched! It has basic news and information and we will regularly add content as we move through various phases of the project. Check it out at http://it-tamus-edu.it.tamus.edu/
- After Discover and Clarification sessions in early December, Oracle and Workday have been invited to come for Software Demonstrations in January and February. Details about the demonstrations and how you can attend are available on the Upcoming Events page here: http://it-tamus-edu.it.tamus.edu/about/meeting-schedule/
- January/February – site visits and reference checks
- January: Software demonstrations in College Station
- February: Software demonstrations in Commerce and Kingsville
- Early March – HR/Payroll Advisory Committee meeting/update
- Mid-March – Recommendation presented to Steering Committee
Utilities & Energy Services will be working with Agrilife to serve as the pilot of Cisco EnergyWise.
The RFP for the Dollar Data Center was released on December 17th. The RFP can be viewed by going to: http://esbd.cpa.state.tx.us/bid_show.cfm?bidid=115021
- No trips planned for this week.