The Kyle Field Executive Re-Development Committee meets on Tuesday.
EDUCAUSE Core Data reports are due October 16th. The higher education entities in Texas use this to avoid some of the surveys from state government and it provides interesting (if not complete) comparison data.
Proposed modifications to the existing TAC 202 have been identified. The magnitude of the change appears to be small and it is only up for re-discussion.
TAMU set a new record for unique wireless users on campus in a 24-hour period on September 8th. The new record is 153,248 users. The previous record was set on September 24, 2014 with 149,565 users.
The Texas A&M University System Technology Summit is currently accepting presentation proposals for breakout sessions that explore technology, leadership and project management. Tech Summit is where technology experts come to network, learn from the best and exchange solutions for common challenges. Breakout sessions last 45 minutes and include 25-50 participants. Sessions should be as interactive as possible and may be jointly presented by teams of staff or faculty. Submit your proposal today using the online form. Proposals are due by midnight Saturday, October 31, 2015.
System-Wide Contracting News
The committee evaluating the RFP for Mobile Application Services has identified four finalists. These four finalists were notified last week and will be given an opportunity to present to the evaluation team.
Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links, and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any members interested in adding this service need to contact me directly.
The System-wide agreement with Cisco WebEx allows Members to purchase licenses for their entire faculty/administrators at the low cost of $1.44/month/license.
Syncplicity licensing is available for all members.
The original Dollar Data Center RFP was cancelled last week. Component #1 (data center buildout) will be reissued this week or next week as a design-build project. This project will be managed by FP&C and will be completed in the Fall of 2016. Component #2 (equipment) and #3 (services) will be issued as a separate RFP later this year.
Project Helios Updates:
- Contract negotiations continue with Deloitte, the Project Helios System Integrator.
- The Project Helios IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) RFP is in under review by Procurement.
- Eight members of the Project Helios project team attended Workday’s annual user conference last week. The team was able to have lunch with teams from NYU and UT and attend sessions from Workday and customers using the software.
- The Project Helios website is making its way from development to production and will launch soon. Once it is live, it will be your “go to” source for project status and information.
- Boise, ID (October 5th-6th)
- Austin, TX (October 7th)