The CFOs meet this week on Tuesday and Wednesday.
There is a CIO Chat on Tuesday, November 1st at 4:00 p.m.
The Digital COE Committee meets on Thursday, November 3rd at 10:30 a.m.
The Docusign contract has been finalized. The service is available to all members under this agreement and pricing schedule. Each instance (campus) will incur a one-time setup fee based on their IPEDS size. The terms and pricing schedule can be obtained from Cheryl Cato. The account executive is Dawn Hamilton. Contact information for Dawn can be found at the Contracts site.
Interested participants may contact Dawn directly to discuss the setup fee, services and options, and to receive a quote for enabling their campus.
DIR has shared the following IT recommendations with ITCHE and all IRMs. These IT recommendations will be made to the legislature in the 2016 Biennial Performance Report (BPR). DIR makes recommendations that relate to the goals set in the State Strategic Plan (SSP).
- Amend Government Code, Sec. 2054.133, to require each state agency to include in the agency’s information security plan a written acknowledgment that the executive director or other head of the state agency has been made aware of the risks revealed during the preparation of the agency’s information security plan.
- Require DIR to assess the resources that would be available to address operational and financial impacts should a statewide cyber event occur. Those include reviewing all applicable statutory provisions and recommending changes, evaluating the possible benefits of cybersecurity insurance, consideration of tertiary disaster recovery options, and requesting and receiving emergency funding.
- Exempt DIR from Government Code, Sec. 2157.068 for the purposes of executing a bulk purchase on behalf of two or more customers designated in Government Code, Chapter 2157, Purchase of Automated Information Systems. This would allow DIR to use the most efficient procurement method to execute the bulk purchase requirement.
- Amend Government Code, Sec. 2054.384, Cost and Requirements Analysis, to direct DIR to continue to conduct cost, risk and requirements analyses for participation in a statewide technology center. The analysis would include a benefits analysis and migration plan based on information required to be submitted from state agencies.
- Require DIR to study current state agency data storage and records management practices and associated costs to the state, and recommend improvements using agency feedback.
- Require DIR to study current print and mail efforts and opportunities to reduce the volume of paper transaction in government to automate transactions and achieve operational efficiencies that would better meet citizen needs.
About the Recommendations
The recommendations are the result of discussions with state IT staff and DIR leadership. DIR subject matter experts provided ideas for recommendations. DIR vetted recommendations with the Customer Advisory Committee, the State Agency Coordinating Committee IT workgroup, and the DIR Board Strategic Oversight Subcommittee.
The 2016 Biennial Performance Report details the state’s progress in areas of information resource management. Statute directs DIR to describe problems and make recommendations for improving the effectiveness and cost-efficiency of the state’s use of information resources. The previous report is here.
Please send your comments to me so that I can provide them to ITCHE for a coordinated HPE response to DIR.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Comevo will provide members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract).
- ProctorU will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- Qualtrics will provide members with software to manage the entire customer experience – from surveys, to insights and to action. A proposal has been distributed for review.
- Respondus will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
Workday (Project Helios)
- Configuration of our second prototype (Prototype 2) continued. Unit testing begins Monday.
- The data conversion team continued loading data into Prototype 2. Conversion of employee data is about 95% complete.
- The integration team continued working through their open items log.
- The security and controls team prepared for the next iteration of security role mapping which focuses on Core HR, Payroll and Benefits security roles.
- No visits are scheduled for this week