The Workday HCM Advisory Council meets Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.
The Digital COE meets Thursday at 10:00 a.m.
Jeff Hinton sent the System Offices the following note. We wish the best to Jeff and congratulate him on this job change
TAMUT made an announcement last week indicating that our VPFA/CFO, James Scogin, plans to retire on January 15th, 2019. There was a subsequent announcement indicating that I have been selected as James’ successor, and I will assume the VPFA/CFO position on January 16th, 2019. With this change, the TAMUT CIO position will no longer report to the President and will report directly to me as VPFA. I am planning to post the CIO position asap.
It has been great working with you directly, and I am certain that we will still have plenty of opportunity for collaboration after these changes are implemented.
Registration for the 2019 Texas A&M University System Technology Summit is now open!
The Tech Summit is the place technology experts come to learn from the best and will once again be held at the beautiful Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas February 25 – 27, 2019
System-Wide Contracting News
A&M System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging; conversations with vendors selected by CATIE are underway
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters; a master services agreement has been sent to the Student Affairs Committee
- Proctoring Solutions RFP is being reviewed by OGC
Current A&M System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Blackboard provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Canvas provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Class Climate (Scantron) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- D2L provides a cloud-based learning management system option to members (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- DocuSign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- eXplorance provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- GovQA (WebQA) is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- IOTA Solutions provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- Oracle provides members with a shared hardware/software platform to host Oracle-based applications (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility for 54 cents per web page per year (discretionary)
- Smart Net offers members Cisco equipment maintenance (discretionary)
- SmartEvals (Gap Technologies) provides members with tools that allows students to evaluate academic courses and instructors (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- Varonis will provide members with insider threat protection (discretionary)
- WebEx online collaboration and meeting software is available to all members at the low cost of $1.44 per month per license (discretionary)
- No trips scheduled this week