Cisco will be holding their Technology Roadshow in College Station this week. The Roadshow will be at the System Offices, in Room 208, from 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Danny Miller will be reaching out this week to the CIOs who volunteered to reform the Identity and Authentication Management working committee.
ITCHE passed along the following information last week:
A lot of recent activity in higher ed space on accessibility. There is action now pending against Berkeley concerning all publicly published content (Gallaudet folks brought the action with Office of Civil Rights joining on). Berkeley’s Provost indicates they may have to pull all of that down (from web, iTunes, youtube, etc). Miami University settled its two year old ADA suit. Both the consent decree (what they must do over the next several months) and a local article about the suit by a blind student are available. Finally, a recent email is available from Cummings at EDUCAUSE describing the response provided by Molly Broad on behalf of several national higher ed organizations responding to the 122 questions the government asked about future ADA standards (e.g., WCAG 20 level AA for web).
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services under a master contract (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract. (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Comevo will provide members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract).
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract (discretionary contract).
- ProctorU will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- Qualtrics will provide members with software to manage the entire customer experience – from surveys, to insights and to action. A proposal has been distributed for review.
- Respondus will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
Project Helios (Workday)
- Configuration of our second prototype (Prototype 2) continued.
- The data conversion team continued loading data into Prototype 2. Conversion of employee data is about 70% complete.
- The reporting team focused on report designs.
- The testing team completed work on the System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing approaches.
- No visits are scheduled for this week