The RFP for Learning Management Systems has been posted.
Do any of the CIOs have topics that they would like covered at the upcoming CIO Council Meeting?
Do you want to learn more about how to manage IT projects?
The Texas A&M University System Technology Summit and the TAC 216 Working Group are holding a PM Track virtual event on Thursday, June 1.
Thursday, June 1 from 8:15a – 12:00p
Provider Name The Texas A&M University System Technology Summit Date Started June 1 Date Completed June 1 Activity The Outlook is Cloudy: Useful Online Tools for Project Management Insights from Psychology for Project Success Navigating your PMO Through the Muddy Waters of Higher Education Projects PDUs 1 Technical PDU 1 Leadership PDU 1 Strategic PDU
We would LOVE for YOU to attend, and we look forward to sharing this exciting, informational event with you!
WebEx – join using your computer Register for Event Here Event Code: TSPM-comp
WebEx – join using your phone Register for Event Here Event Code: TSPM-phone
*Registration is required due to WebEx participant limits
Sessions are eligible for PDUs. Instructions for submitting PDUs to PMI will be provided during the event.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe will provide members with access to the Creative Cloud Suite
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- On-line Course Evaluation Services will provide members with tools that allow students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors). The RFP was released on April 11 and responses are due May 8
- Learning Management Systems RFP will provide members with 2-3 LMS options
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- Project team members and member SMEs continued executing System Integration test cases. System Integration Test Cycle 2 continues through June 1. The team is approximately 89% complete and has completed 4900 of 5500 test cases. Of the 461 defects that have been identified, 89% have been resolved, 4% are open and 7% are scheduled for re-test.
- 191 member SMEs will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution through User Acceptance Testing in College Station July 11 – August 3. The team continues writing test scripts. An orientation event for UAT testers will be held on June 12.
- The Workday Help site is under construction, but it will be launched soon. The team will continuously update the site as training and help materials are ready. It will be available on the SSO menu.
- Dallas (May 26th)