The RELLIS Working Group will be hosting a series of planning meetings on Wednesday and Thursday. Several members will be participating in those meetings.
I received a brochure from a CIO friend that may be of interest to some of the members. He has partnered with nDivision in the last two companies where he has been the CIO. Editing his email:
“nDivision provides a service that deploys a single pane-of-glass ITSM platform (40 modules), with an integrated CMDB and a library of over 160,000 automations. Their service allowed him to quickly get out of the operational weeds, and move a larger proportion of his IT budget to business-facing projects. Everything is provided for one, low, monthly price, and unlimited automations are included. Automations are created in days rather than weeks or months, and can include anything that is IP-addressable: infrastructure, operating systems, hypervisors, services, databases, applications, IoT, etc. It can replace most tools or can be integrated with them. Typically, 70%-80% of IT operations labor will be replaced with digital labor. Costs are reduced, service levels dramatically increased, and most importantly key people are freed up to work on projects. If like most CIOs, you are struggling to do more with less, have a list of projects that you don’t have the budget or resources to get to, and are spending up to 71% of your IT budget on operations, he guarantees you that there’s a better approach.”
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe will provide members with access to the Creative Cloud Suite
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- Project team members and member SMEs continued executing System Integration test cases.
- Planning continued for User Acceptance Testing and the step by step, cutover tasks we need to follow in December to begin using Workday and stop using BPP.
- The change management team continued fine tuning the training curriculum.
- Thank you to West Texas A&M for hosting a Town Hall on Mar 23. The DFW area event (Mar 30) was cancelled due to low registration.
- South Texas (March 31st)