The monthly CIO Chat is at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
The Maestro Steering Committee meets on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.
The ITAC Meeting for Thursday has been cancelled.
Dr. Michael Hites, the second finalist for the TAMU CIO, will be campus Thursday. There is an open forum that afternoon for those interested in hearing from him.
System-Wide Contracting News
Four Winds International provided the A&M System with a revised proposal. Please review this proposal and provide me with your thoughts.
As noted in my email from FWI:
“We just wanted to let you know that our management did a recent reassessment of our Enterprise conversion pricing and TAMU’s pricing actually came down a bit. You will see an additional $13,605.19 has been taken off the already discounted price, which means you will basically be getting a campus covered for free. We wanted to get this in your hands as soon as possible, as we know you are sending this out to the other CIOs early this month and then presenting it in person on the 27th.”
Following up from an earlier email: “What calendaring product are you using?”
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services under a master contract (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract (discretionary contract).
- Examity will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- ProctorU will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- Respondus will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it to you.
- Configuration of our first prototype (Prototype 1) continues.
- The data conversion team reached the 65% mark of loading data needed for Prototype 1. The functional team is working with the data conversion team and members to check and validate our Prototype 1 data.
- The integrations team continued to work on integration design documents.
- Retiring our current HR / Payroll tools:
- The “Payroll Accounting Link” team is developing milestone dates for the summer and fall.
- Analysis continued on impacts to SSO applications.
- Design is almost complete for changes to the Data Warehouse. The team is now mapping impacted fields to their Workday counterparts.
- Dallas (June 9th)