The Pre-Proposal Conference for the RELLIS Data Center was held last week. The RELLIS public/private partnership for a data center, network operations center, and security operations center to serve third party customers is now posted.
There is a CIO Dinner on Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. Please confirm who will be attending so that we can get the final headcount.
There is a CIO Council meeting on Wednesday.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe has provided a proposed system-wide agreement
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- On-line Course Evaluation Services will provide members with tools that allow students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors). Vendor demos were last week (June 19) with a decision soon after
- Learning Management Systems RFP responses are due June 28
- Proctoring Solutions RFP has been drafted and is being reviewed by OGC
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
- The team continued to work on closing System Integration Testing defects.
- 186 member SMEs will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution through User Acceptance Testing in College Station July 11 – August 3. Required training was assigned to member SMEs and the project team continued reviewing test scenarios and job aids.
- Workday continued Performance Testing on our Workday solution; testing continued on Payroll, Time Tracking and Reporting.
- Detailed planning on the step by step, cutover tasks we need to follow in December to start using Workday and stop using BPP continued.
- TEEX (June 28)
- Michigan (June 29-30)