Bids for the RELLIS data center RFP were due on Friday, July 28th.
There is a CIO Chat at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday.
There are RELLIS IT meetings on Wednesday.
The Digital COE committee meets on Thursday.
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- On-line Course Evaluation Services will provide members with tools that allow students to evaluate academic courses (including instructors). Vendor demos have been completed and a decision will be announced soon.
- Learning Management Systems Six responses were received; a committee has been formed to begin the process of reviewing those responses
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- The team continued to close System Integration Testing defects.
- User Acceptance began July 11. A&M-Commerce, A&M-Corpus Christi, A&M-San Antonio, TAMIU, TAMUT, Tarleton and Texas A&M-Kingsville brought 61 employees who executed 367 test scenarios. The System Office, TAMHSC, TAMUG and Texas A&M will interact with the A&M System’s Workday solution next week.
- Business process coaches continued meeting with members this week, completing coaching sessions with A&M-Central Texas, PVAMU, the System Office, TAMHSC, TAMUG, Texas A&M AgriLife, Texas A&M, TTI and WTAMU.
- No trips this week