The January CIO Chat is set for Tuesday, January 5th, at 4:00 p.m.
System-Wide Contracting News
The committee scoring the Student Information Systems RFP will resume its evaluation of the Best and Final Bids from three finalists.
The committee evaluating responses to the Dollar Data Center RFP selected two finalists last week. The two finalists have provided fee estimates. They will be on-site in early January for interviews.
Current System-wide Contracts
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages, and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
Project Helios Updates
- The Project Helios IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) evaluation team listened to oral presentations from shortlisted vendors. The team will conclude their evaluation this week.
- No trips scheduled this week.