Kevin Gamache, the System FSO, alerted the System Offices that it appears the Department of Defense will likely be requiring Windows 10 on future government contracts. This requirement will likely be incorporated into existing DFARS changes.
The BCS Governance Committee meets Tuesday.
The Project Helios Executive Committee meets Wednesday.
System-Wide Contracting News
The contract with Modo Labs for mobile application development services was signed last week.
The committee scoring the Student Information Systems RFP received Best and Final Bids from three finalists.
The committee evaluating responses to the Dollar Data Center RFP will meet this week to identify the finalists.
Hootsuite has provided the System Offices with a system-wide agreement. That agreement will be evaluated this week.
Current System-wide Contracts
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links, and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly.
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license.
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members.
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members.
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members.
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members.
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members.
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members.
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Hootsuite will enable Members to manage social networks, schedule measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract.
- Docusign will provide Members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract.
- Banner COE will enable all Members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract.
- Contract Management COE will provide Members with the ability to track, manage, and optimize contracts under a master contract.
Project Helios Updates
- Responses to the Project Helios IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) RFP are being reviewed by the evaluation team.
- Discussions continue to help Deloitte and Workday understand the details of our HR and payroll processes. Functional workshops this week focused on Recruiting, Time Tracking, Absence Management and Compensation. Integration workshops focused on Recruiting, Absence Management and Identity Management.
- Vision and Plan deliverables continue to be completed and are being tracked against the Stage 1 Deliverables Log.
- TAMU graduation ceremonies (December 18th)