The CEOs and Presidents meet with the Chancellor on April 26th.
The CAOs hold a meeting on April 27th.
The Board of Regents meets on April 27th.
DIR released the following memo ten days back which all A&M System members will be required to comply with.
Institutions of Higher Education,
Texas Administrative Code, 1 TAC 201.8 (a)(7), requires IHEs to report accessibility information and compliance to DIR. This requirement was previously satisfied by the Information Resources Deployment Review (IRDR); however, IHEs are no longer required to report the results of their IRDR to DIR. We encourage you to engage your institution’s EIR Accessibility Coordinator in the completion of this survey to ensure one submission per institution. Please complete this survey by Friday, May 6th. If you have any questions about the survey please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-0424. Use this link to access the survey.
WEPA has offered to partner with any interested institution in piloting their service offering. If you are interested, please contact Dean McWilliams, Phillip Crane or David Bannister.
The University of Texas at Austin sent out the following email to ITS staff related to Workday:
Recently, the University Budget Council approved a change to the Go Live date for Workday based on functionality being delivered with Workday release 28 in March 2017. The Business Services Committee of IT governance and campus stakeholders also agreed that moving Go Live to the fallback date of June/July 2017 will enable campus to take advantage of the new functionality. In addition, colleges, schools, and units (CSUs) will have more time to prepare for the transition to more efficient and effective administrative systems.
ASMP teams continue to make steady progress. This month, the ASMP Conversion team completed another Human Capital Management (HCM)/Payroll data load to support End-to-End (E2E) testing. This is our fifth HCM/Payroll conversion and data load. E2E testing will confirm that all HCM/Payroll business processes are configured correctly and that test scenarios function as expected. E2E testing includes the validation of reports that will support UT Austin’s business operations. E2E testing by the HCM/Payroll team will be conducted from April 25 through June 2016, and the Integrations and Reporting teams will assist.
Other ASMP 2.0 teams are focused and making good progress. The Conversion team is due to wrap up the build of the Financials database this month, and the Enterprise Readiness team is engaged in updating the plans for readiness activities based on the new timeline. Campus leaders on the University Business Officers Council and the HCM/Payroll Advisory Group are engaged as CSU readiness efforts gear-up.
Thanks and appreciation goes to our campus colleagues for support and flexibility as we make steady progress with the ASMP 2.0. Kudos also goes out to ASMP 2.0 team members who are doing an impressive job meeting deadlines and achieving goals.
If you were not able to attend the Town Hall meeting on April 19th, I encourage you to go to the ASMP 2.0 Town Hall page and view the session. Also, I ask you to invest some time exploring the ASMP 2.0 website. There are lots of positive changes ahead!
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services under a master contract (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Examity will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it on to you.
- ProctorU will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it on to you.
- Respondus will provide members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary). If you are interested in looking at the proposal, I can forward it on to you.
- Business process design workshops continued last week with Talent/Performance and Self-Service. SMEs from each member are participating. Workbooks documenting the process flows, steps and outputs, roles, notifications, regulatory and legal requirements, reports, and open items are being developed for each process group.
- Design sessions continued on the “Payroll Accounting Link” that will integrate Workday and FAMIS. The team is finishing up a design document that will be shared with the Finance/Payroll Integration Working Group.
- The integrations team continued to work on integration design documents.
- The data conversion team continued planning for data mapping and data loading. A meeting to kick off the data cleansing process is scheduled with the Project Coordinators on April 27.
- TAMU (April 26-27)