There is a meeting with Finance on Monday to discuss the process for evaluating a replacement for FAMIS.
The Project Helios Executive Sponsor Meeting will be held on Tuesday.
The MAESTRO Steering Committee meets on Wednesday.
There is a meeting at the Moore Connally Building at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday with Zones. Zones is an infrastructure services company. If you are interested in attending, contact me directly.
ITAC meets on Thursday.
The initial meeting of the Teaching & Learning Council (part of the new system-wide IT governance structure) will meet on Thursday.
RippleNami provided me with a product sheet. If you are interested in speaking with them about their products, please contact me for information (RippleNami contact information removed from blog).
System-Wide Contracting News
Qualtrics has provided a proposal in response to requests from the system CIOs. I am interested in your comments.
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software. (in annual assessment)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members. (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members. (discretionary)
- Hootsuite will enable members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support for all members. (discretionary)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools are available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- StealthWatch provides cyber security monitoring for all members. (in annual assessment)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members. (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members. (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Banner COE will enable all members to obtain Banner-related services under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Contract Management COE will provide members with the ability to track, manage and optimize contracts under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Docusign will provide members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities under a master contract. (discretionary)
- Business process design workshops continued last week with Core Compensation and Safety Incident Tracking. SMEs from each member are participating.
- Design sessions continued on the “Payroll Accounting Link” that will integrate Workday and FAMIS. The team is working on a design document that will be shared with the Finance/Payroll Integration Working Group.
- The integrations team is working on integration design documents.
- The data conversion team is working on final details of the data cleansing plan.
- TAMU (April 11th)