The Project Helios Executive Sponsors meet on Tuesday.
Texas A&M’s ITAC meets on Thursday.
Ed Evans notified the System Offices of the following last week:
“I’m happy to say that as of this past Monday, April 3, we now require everyone who has an IslandID and receives a paycheck (all employees) to use Duo Security when signing in to most all of our web based applications. This includes Banner, Blackboard, the federated auth for TAMUS SSO portal, and any other application that leverages CAS or Shibboleth and some applications using ADFS.
We started the work several months ago to integrate our SSO capabilities. First ADFS and CAS. Then in March we upgraded to Shibboleth v3 (I think the 2nd TAMUS member to do so). That made it much easier roll-out Duo.
We started piloting Duo at the beginning of this year and developing our deployment plan. As of Feb 28, we had about 420 people using Duo. When Duo became required for all employee April 3, we had over 1800 accounts enrolled. Our goal was to be sure we had everyone using Duo and comfortable with it before summer starts.
This week we’re seeing 2000-3000 authentications per day with Duo. We’ve had a few philosophical complaints but no technical issues to speak of.”
Congratulations Ed and A&M-Corpus Christi!
System-Wide Contracting News
Current System-wide Contracts
- Access Data provides members with preservation hold software (in annual assessment)
- Banner COE provides members with Banner-related services (discretionary)
- Cisco SmartNet (discretionary)
- Comevo provides members with online orientation software services (discretionary contract)
- Diligent provides board portal functionality for all members (discretionary)
- Docusign provides members with electronic signature and related workflow capabilities (discretionary)
- Duo provides two-factor authentication for all members (discretionary)
- Examity provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Hootsuite enables members to manage social networks, schedule messages and measure social media from a dashboard (discretionary)
- Laserfiche provides members with the digitization of documents, the automation of records processing, storage retrieval, security and archiving (discretionary)
- Modo Labs provides mobile application development support (discretionary)
- ProctorU provides members with on-line proctoring services under a one-year master contract (discretionary contract)
- Proofpoint email filtering and data loss prevention tools (in annual assessment)
- Security Operations Center (in annual assessment)
- Siteimprove checks web pages, every five days, for spelling, grammar, broken links and accessibility. The cost is 54 cents per web page per year. Any member interested in adding this service need to contact me directly. (discretionary)
- Syncplicity licensing is available for all members (in annual assessment)
- WebEx is available to all members. Faculty/administrators can obtain licenses at the low cost of $1.44/month/license. (discretionary)
- WebQA is the TAMUS approved Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) solution for all members (in annual assessment)
System-wide Contracts Under Development
- Adobe will provide members with access to the Creative Cloud Suite
- Captioning Services will provide members with closed caption, transcription, and subtitling solutions to make video accessible, searchable, SEO-friendly and more engaging
- Maxient will provide members with a tool to manage student discipline, academic integrity and Title IX matters
Workday (Project Helios)
- Project team members and member SMEs continued executing System Integration test cases. System Integration Test Cycle 2 begins Tuesday, April 11.
- Planning continued for User Acceptance Testing and the step by step, cutover tasks we need to follow in December to begin using Workday and stop using BPP. The testing schedule and member SME testers have been confirmed.
- The change management team continued fine tuning the training curriculum and developing detailed course outlines. The Core HR, Payroll and Benefits classroom training schedule has been confirmed with each HRO.
- AgriLife (April 12th)
- Security Operations Center (April 12th)